Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Division
Behavior of Smoke
A fire loss is very complex because of the unique behavior of smoke. It is
important to have trained technicians at the loss location. AA-MSA Licensed Inspectors
know their smoke!
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure. Smoke flows through plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor. The type of smoke will greatly affect the restoration process.
Types of Smoke
The first step at a fire scene is to calm the fears of those affected. Next, AA-MSA tests the smoke to see which of the following types of fire took place.
- Wet Smoke - Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke - Fast burning at high temperatures.
- Protein - Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot - Furnace puff backs cause fuel oil soot.
- Other Types - Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue are other types.
After the type of smoke is known, pretesting on the property is performed to determine the following:
- What can be restored versus what can be replaced
- The most effective cleaning method
- Conditions to the property before the damage occurred
- The full extent of the loss
- Eliminate needless replacements
Water Damage Restoration Division
No job is too big or too small for AA-MSA. AA-MSA has the equipment and experience necessary to
handle the most challenging situation. AA-MSA is your one-stop water damage treatment company
with 24-hour emergency calls. Virtually all AA-MSA offices nationwide are equipped with hotlines
to facilitate immediate response to water damage calls. AA-MSA's prompt action makes the difference
in eliminating structural damage to property.
OUR COMPETETIVE PRICE GUARANTY: Hear a lower price BEFORE we've done your Inspector and we'll beat it... Hear a lower price AFTER 90 days of your AA-MSA Inspector and we'll refund the difference! +10%... Guaranteed
AA-MSA concentrates its efforts on safely drying, deodorizing and disinfecting the area flooded
or damaged by water. Flood control units are available around-the-clock to help minimize water
damage to walls, floors and ceilings. The AA-MSA Advantage combines our staff's professional
know-how with state-of-the-art equipment and products.
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, & Anti-Microbial Treatments:
- Powerful truck mounted and portable extraction units are used for water removal.
- Heavy-duty submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high level water.
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers and other meters help us to accurately measure the extent of
moisture saturation. Necessary repairs may then begin when the area is determined to be free
of excess moisture.
Hi-Tech Drying Equipment
- Control of odor from microorganisms attracted by moisture
- Arrests growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew and other harmful microorganisms
- Reduces humidity levels to dry carpets, pads and furniture
- Prevents metal corrosion, swelling and warping of floors, walls and furniture
- Fire, Smoke, & Soot
- Water Removal
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Underground Oil Storage Tank Leak Testing
- Soil remediation and Cleanup
Fill in the following details and we will contact you shortly:
Our inspectors live in or near the towns they inspect in. We're local to these Counties:
- Fairfield County
- Hartford County
- Litchfield Couty
- Middlesex County
- New Haven County
- New London County
- Tolland County
- Windham County